Thursday, February 10, 2005

So Long Energy!

I think the hardest thing for me right now is the fact that I'm losing my energy. Ever since I got that cold a couple of weeks ago (which is finally gone now), I have become more tired and am having a much harder time getting up for work. It's very different for me - I'm one of those people who always has something going on and is constantly running around after work during the week. Now each night I go home and lay down on the couch and watch TV and try to get into bed before 9:30.

Until this point, I've actually had just as much energy as I usually do (when not pregnant). I maybe took a couple of naps on the weekends, but in general I hadn't lost any steam once getting pregnant. Ironically, my doctor mentioned that since I am anemic, I would have less energy that a normal pregnant woman. That definitely was not the case in the first two trimesters. I'm not complaining, it's just so strange for me to be in this position right now. I have a hard time keeping still. But I know I need to, and I know it's best for Pea to get a lot of rest.

--------------------------

On an unrelated note, I meant to share something my mother told me that I never knew. I was complaining to her over the weekend about my MIL saying she wouldn't go to the shower. My mother did not understand this either, but she did say that she had problems with her MIL when her and my dad got married. She wasn't very interested in the kids either, especially since my dad had 3 older brothers, each with children already. She said that MIL definitely loved us and became a little more interested when we were born, but she acted similarly. But the thing I didn't know was, when my mom and dad announced they were getting married (after knowing each other only two months), my grandmother immediately said "Why, is she pregnant?" Ouch! So I guess it could be worse. Just for the record, my brother was born 10 months after they were married. My grandmother probably still counted it out though.

--------------------------

I think the BH contractions are becoming a little more frequent too. I'm starting to feel a lot more tightness and such in my belly. It's definitely not something regular, just random twinges and pains. Nothing big at all, just little hints that I'm getting closer! I think my legs are starting to swell a bit too and I'm walking a little slower now - or I guess waddling a little slower. I had a hard time just going 6 blocks to lunch the other day. I guess the extra weight is starting to get to me now. Oh well, I expected all of this to happen anyway! It's just so strange when it actually does!

3 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger ~Tanya~ said...

Get used to the lack of energy. This is just the beginning to changes. It is soooo worth it though! Nowing you, you & pea will be running around town in no time.

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

You really don't have much longer when you think about it! And there's nothing like a mother's wisdom to make things better is there? Isn't it cool that soon you'll be the mother giving out the words of wisdom? Woohoo!

Jackie

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

I know you're used to that busy schedule, but try to rest! You need it at this point especially!

I'm glad to hear that your mom could relate to your problem with your MIL (although not glad that either of you had to go through all you have). It helps to have someone who understands.

Not much longer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home