Monday, January 31, 2005

Random Updates at 29 weeks, 6 days

I think for the most part, I'm not too clumsy of a person. When I eat, I rarely drop food on myself and rarely get stains on my clothes. What a difference pregnancy makes! Maybe it's the big target of a belly or the fact that you can't sit as close to the table, but I am constantly dropping food on myself now! I think God has a sense of humor, and as my boss put it, it's just preparation for what's to come - years of the baby spitting up on you and staining your clothes. I guess it's good to get used to it now. LOL! There are a lot worse things in the world.

As many of you know, I don't slow down very well - I'm pretty much an "always on the go" person and I don't sit still. I got hit last week with a typical cold, but it just about knocked me out. I had to actually take a sick day, which I haven't done in forever. I'm doing fine now, but my energy is just about depleted now. I knew that would come in time, but it's hard to not always be running around. I took it very easy over the weekend and the end of last week, so I'm doing better. Just having to deal with the remnant coughing and sneezing now. I'll survive!

This weekend we did manage to make it out to BRU and order our furniture. We ended up ordering the same crib set that we picked out in the first place. It should be here within a week or two, so pretty soon Pea's room will actually have something in it - I'm so excited! We ordered a chair and ottoman too, but changed the fabric from pink to green gingham, so it could take up to 10-12 weeks to get it. I was hoping it wouldn't take so long, but ultimately it just won't matter if there's no chair in her room for awhile. As long as she's here, who cares about everything else!

I did finally take some room pictures and I was going to post them here, but I shrunk them first at home and now the color looks really strange and blotchy. So I'll have to work on that later.

My most-of-the-time-insensitive friend just told me over the weekend that she is pregnant with her second. She is 9 1/2 weeks along. I am happy for her, but at the same time jealous. I know she was targeting for another one in September or October - she is due August 30th. So she obviously had no trouble getting pregnant. It just still makes me jealous, even though I'm where I am now. I also have a lot of unresolved issues with her from when I got married (long, long story) and so now it frustrates me that she is pregnant while I am. I won't get into it any more than that because I'll sound really selfish.

That's it for now. Just some random thoughts and updates.

4 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Hehehe, I'm the world's biggest clutz most of the time, so I'm glad to have the heads-up on what's to come! I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures of Pea's room (I think I will always think of her as Pea, even when she has a "name").

Sorry about your friend - you know what I mean. Those reminders that life isn't actually fair are always out there. But once you have Pea none of that will matter!

Jackie

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Rosanne said...

You're lucky you only have to deal with the stains now! I'm a clutz all the time.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Welcome to my world - I am one of the biggest klutzes!! :) Guess I have this to look forward to!

I can't believe you're 30 weeks already!!!! Here I am counting down to the 3rd trimester, and you could be having Pea by that time!

As for your friend, dont' worry about her. It's wonderful for her that she can plan her babies and it all works out perfectly, but you know what? She isn't a nice person. So in the end, she may be lucky, but you're a much better person. And you value life much more than she probably ever will.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger ~Tanya~ said...

LOL at spilling & staining. (((HUGS))) to you for going through the emotions of dealing with your friends news. It is hard accepting that some people will never understand the emotions. It is o.k. to be a little jealous now because it won't be long & you will be looking into that precious face of pea to help you move on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home