Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Slowing Down...

I've finally come to terms with the fact that I just need to take it easy sometimes! Last weekend I didn't do much at all - did a lot of relaxing and hanging around with my feet up. That definitely improved the swelling in my feet and made me feel better. And this week I've been doing very little after work, and instead choosing to mostly veg out on the couch with my feet propped. I feel lazy, but I physically feel better.

Although my feet don't look or feel as bad now, they are still swollen. I'm officially out of several pairs of shoes now. I'm resorting mostly to slides. And my rings are about to have to come off too. I shoved my wedding/engagement ring on yesterday morning, only to not be able to take it back off. Luckily as the day went on, the swelling went down. I probably have just a few more days of safely wearing my rings. Then I think I'll have to go to a silver band or something. Maybe even John's! (he has small fingers - just 1 1/2 sizes bigger than mine).

---------------------

I had my doctor's appointment on Friday. Everything is still fine - no belly growth, but still on track. I did have a 5 pound weight gain in 2 weeks, but my doctor attributed that to the swelling. My BP was still fine and he wasn't too alarmed by my feet. I did get my final ultrasound scheduled, which I am excited about. Unfortunately they don't do them Fridays, so I'm not sure if John will make this one either. We'll see. And I was happy because my doctor said they typically don't let people go more than 1 week past their due date - that's good! I'd rather not be induced, but I also don't want to be pregnant for 42 weeks.

---------------------

Pea's nursery has made more progress. We got the other curtain up (we meaning my mom's husband) and also hung some other stuff on the walls. I put the bumper and the dust ruffle on the crib too, so it's really coming together. Now if I could just get that rocker and ottoman in, I'd be almost set (except for the little details).

1 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger Kether said...

Get as much rest as you can ;)

Sounds like you're getting things done. How much longer do you have?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home