Tuesday, December 28, 2004

All is Calm...

I really have nothing exciting to share at all - which is probably a good thing. At this point, I'm thankful that life and baby are pretty uneventful. I don't need any extra excitement.

Christmas was quiet and nice. Pea got a couple of Christmas gifts from my mom and an adorable newborn pink sleeper and hat from my aunt who was visiting. My mom cried when she opened her "Grandma and Me" picture frame that I gave her. She cries at everything, so I wasn't too surprised, but then she got my aunt and I crying too. The boys just didn't understand, of course.

The nursery still isn't even cleared out. I started it many weeks ago and made a ton of progress, but now the last bits are still in the room, mostly because I don't want to go through it or don't know what to do with it. My new goal is to have it cleared by next Monday (giving me the weekend to do it). I'd really like to order furniture and paint, but I won't let myself do that until I finish clearing out the room. And I don't want to register until I make a final decision on paint and bedding. So everything is riding on me clearing out this room! My MIL has actually offered to help if I need anything done, but if I don't know where to put that crap, she's not going to either!

But I am calm about it. I think when the new year turns I'm going to start thinking that I better start moving on things, but right now 3 1/2 months seems like LOTS of time. Let's see what I think about timing then.

I started playing music to Pea last night. She did give one big kick during it, so I don't know whether she enjoyed it or hated it. I'll pretend she enjoyed it. I've also been reading to her each night before I go to sleep (when I remember!). My cousin read the same story each night to his daughter before she was born, and after she was born, he could recite it and it would comfort her. That's my hope for Pea too.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

2 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Glad to hear everything is calm and uneventful right now. I understand your problem of not accomplishing much in clearing out the nursery. I hope you can check that off your list soon! 3.5 months is not long at all...get going, girl!! :)

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Rosanne said...

Calm. Calm is good. I hope it stays that way. Sounds like you've got a fun weekend ahead of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home