Monday, December 06, 2004

Bye Baby! (a "good" bye)

So my husband is not the most sentimental person in the world, we all know that. I accept that fact because I know without a doubt that he loves me and would do anything for me. He just can't always express that in words or actions, but he lets me know in other ways. It also makes me appreciate those rare moments where he does show his sensitive side.

I mentioned yesterday that Pea can hear our voices and that he should talk to her. He told me that he wasn't very good at that and that I should do some extra talking for him. That didn't surprise me too much - I know it's hard for a man to talk to his wife's stomach! But in response, he also shouted "Hi baby!". Kind of cute :)

So this morning he was leaving for Austin and I was getting ready for work. He called out to me to tell me he was leaving, so I met him at the top of the stairs for a kiss goodbye. Don't try to picture this because it's a scary image, but I only had on my under garments, so my growing belly was bare. After John kissed me goodbye, he leaned down to my stomach and said "Bye baby! Bye baby!" and gave it three quick kisses. He said "Bye baby" again, gave my stomach another kiss, and then stood up and went back to his normal character and said "are you sure it's baby in there and not just fish and chips?" That's his standard reason as to why my belly is growing after our trip to England where I did consume a large amount of fish and chips!

But the moment couldn't be spoiled by fish and chips. I was glad he couldn't see the tears welling in my eyes - it was just the sweetest moment. I fell in love with my husband all over again.

6 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute Lauren!!

Jen (jennylu)

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Brokenornot said...

I agree, very very cute.

Though now I must beg my husband to get me fish and chips, and the only place to do that here is skippers, and he won't be home for hours. :)

Kris
Brokenornot

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Kether said...

Awwwwww. What a sweet man =)

I remember at first my dh kept saying "that's not baby, that's lunch."
My guy is just like yours, so I think when they do things like yours did today its ever so much sweeter.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Lauren - that is so sweet! Thanks for sharing it! I had DH staring at me with that funny look on his face the other day when I said it must be boring to be a fetus with nothing to do all day. I can't wait for his reaction when I tell him the baby can hear later on! LOL!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Oh! I got a little tear in my eye just reading that! That must have made your week!

Jackie

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Aww, don't you love those moments! They never get old, either. My dh sounds like yours. Can you imagine what it will be like to see them holding their new babies? Oh, I can't wait!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home