Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Dream a Little Dream

Well, I had no doubt that the obsession would continue.

Yesterday I became convinced that I was not pregnant. I just knew that I wasn't. I had no doubt. My temperature dropped .2 from the day before, still well above my coverline, but I still became convinced it was a sign. I decided I didn't have enough CM either. I started convincing myself that it was ok because maybe I needed to have a full cycle with this extra dose of folic acid anyway. I was only 9 days past ovulation, with a luteal phase normally 13-16 days, but I knew it was over.

Now here I am today, and I've done an almost complete 180. And why is that? Because of a dream. A silly little dream. I had one of the pregnancy test dreams. Where you're looking down at it and very distinctly you see either one line or two. I have these dreams all the time when I'm trying to conceive. They seem so real and so vivid. So there I was last night in my dream, staring down at the pregnancy test (the I supposedly took 15 dpo, in 5 more days) and it was clearly positive. I don't remember too much else about it. I know I was excited, but I can't remember anything else.

Like I said, I always have these dreams. But now I'm obsessing even more - do I usually have BFP (big fat positive) dreams when I'm pregnant, or BFN (big fat negative) dreams? I can't remember. I think I had a BFN dream last time I was pregnant, followed shortly after by a BFP dream right before I tested positive. So that doesn't mean anything! But put this dream with my temperature going back up those two tenths, and of course I'm thinking about it. I can't help it.

Dreams do come true sometimes, right?

2 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

Just like Mia said - dreams absolutely do come true! I'm rooting for you Lauren!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Ditto! My chart is not triphasic--don't read too much into the temps. Just give it some time and the POAS!! Hang in there!

***********Babydust************

 

Post a Comment

<< Home